If you frequently travel, it's hard to stay fit. Most hotel nowadays have fitness centers, but most of the time you have limited time. If you could only shrink you treadmill so that it can fit nicely in your luggage. The truth is you can't just carry around your exercise gear or fitness gear. Below are some exercise gear that are great for travelers.
Best Portable Exercise Gear for Traveling
- Gliding Disks. It looks like a flat and padded disks used in moving furniture, but they are designed for exercising. This exercise gear is great for abdominal, gliding and lunges training while you're in your hotel room listening to music.
- Hydro Medicine Ball. It can easily be packed in your luggage and you can fill them with water in your hotel room sink when you're about to use it. You have to fill it fully and some hydro medicine balls can go up to 60 lbs.
- Instructional Yoga Mat. You can embrace your inner Yogi wherever you go with this mat. Yoga is a great way to unwind without having to go out of your hotel room after a long busy day of meetings. It can help improve flexibility, posture, strength and more physiological benefits. It can help inexperienced travelers with yoga poses like having the correct foot and hand placements printed directly on the mat.
- Jumping Ropes. You can slip this easily in your luggage bag or carry-on bag. By just using a jumping rope, you can have an intense cardio workout wherever you go or even just inside your hotel room. It is also great for coordination improvement.
- Portable Kettlebell (with water bladder). It is the most versatile piece of workout/exercise gear on the list. Instead of packing a traditional kettlebell, you can pack this one and it’s a lot lighter than traditional one. This durable, nylon vessels can be filled with dirt, gravel, sand, gravel, and most importantly, a water bladder. This exercise gear is a 1 piece equipment that allows you to train for endurance, power and strength. It does not even require a wider and bigger space.
- Push-Up Bars. This exercise gear is great for upper body exercise. This can also ease the strain on your wrists while push-ups and it can also help avoid placing your hands on the hotel room floor.
- Resistance Bands. Although this workout gear is no match for traditional strength training with weights, it is suitable for frequent travelers. It is also affordable and can fit to your carry-on bag. It can substitute most exercises that require dumbbells for bicep curls, bent-over rows, shoulder presses, and overhead triceps extensions. You can even add a door anchor to attach the band so that you can do more exercises.
- Sandbag Trainer (with water fillers). This workout gear requires a heavy-duty bag with durable handles on both sides and ends of the bag. You can fill the bag with sand for about 5 to 20 pounds.
- Suspension Trainers. This workout gear is suitable for travelers. Using this is fun and challenging. You can attach this durable gear to the hotel door, a pole tree if you want to work out outside. It allows you to work against your own body's weight ad perform different exercises. It helps improve core strength and stability.
These nifty fitness gear may not replace your daily workout routine, but by packing these portable workout gear for travelers can at least help you stay fit in a more convenient way even just inside your hotel room and they are easy to pack. With these gear in your suitcase, you don't need to go to the gym. These fitness gear will also change your routine on your next trip.