For a great outdoor adventure, preparation is important. Having the necessary camping essentials can help make your outdoor adventure experience easy and fun. Camping essentials will vary according to your planned activities, the place you're going, the season and how long your trip is.
Creating a checklist is the first thing you have to do. List all the important camping essentials you need like flashlights, first aid kit, tent and cooking tools. Also, having a must-bring-bag is important with all the camping essentials to make sure you have everything you need. Here's a checklist for starters who are planning to go on a camping holiday.
A camp is a great place to relax and commune with nature, but you want to make it a home away from home for your comfort. You can bring portable furniture and other necessary items that can add comfort to you.
- Bin Bags - A comfortable and easy to put up chair to relax.
- Cord/String - It can be useful for binding or for hanging items or washing line for wet clothes
- You can bring some portable chairs and tables to be set outside your tent to be comfortable eating meals.
- Head torch/Torch - It's useful at night
- Portable Toilet - This is ideal if your campsite has no toilet.
Camping Kitchen Checklist
This checklist will depend on your type of camping. Whatever your camping type is, make sure that you will bring the necessary accessories needed.
- Water container - You can bring a small water container, ideal when you go out for a hike or adventure. And big one for the campsite.
- Cooking utensils
- Portable Stove/BBQ
- Charcoal/Gas - Depending on your cooking choice
- Tableware - Bowls, cups, plates
- Small basin - Ideal to help you carry dirty or washed dishes.
- Bottle opener
- Tin opener
- Wet Wipes
- Kitchen towels
- Cooler - To Store drinks and perishable food
Health and Safety Checklist
If you're going out on a camping experience, bring all the medication you needed especially if you're on medication. Aside from personal medicine, bring standard first aid kits, sunscreen and other medical essential for camping kit.
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Extra Batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Insect Repellent
- Personal medications
- Pocket Knife
- Toilet Roll
- If you’re going to a campsite, here are relevant tent tools you need.
- Tent - When choosing a tent, always choose a larger tent larger for occupants with enough space to for extra luggage.
- Tent Accessories - these include tent carpet, tent porch and tent footprint.
- Spare Tent Pegs - It's better to have spare tent pegs that nothing at all if it incase one or two is broken.
- Mallet - To be used for knocking tent pegs into the ground.
- Duct Tape - It can help fix anything like stripped tent.
- Lantern - Ideal to light up your tent
For a more fun and comfortable camping, you need to bring necessary camping essentials. You'll a stress-free and enjoyable camping if you feel comfortable in the campsite. This checklist is just a simple guide for you to make your trip easier. Whatever you bring, it totally depends on what camping type you're into. If you’re planning to go on camping this summer, start creating your camping checking list now.