Summertime usually means beach time. For beach lovers, summertime means hitting up the beach while on vacation, whether local beach or out of town. Beach lovers or not most of the time go to the beach just to swim because of the hot weather, but there are a lot of things that anyone can do at the beach besides swimming.
Summertime is also a time for bikinis and time for summer beach parties. There are tons of fun and great activities that can be done at the beach and will surely make anyone’s summer vacation enjoyable. TravelGenixx have compiled some of the most fun things to do at the beach.
Fun Things to Do at the Beach
- Build Sandcastle – It is a classic beach time activity for kids and adults. Anyone can build any design from simple to the most intricate sandcastles. It can help pass the time while at the beach especially if you have kids at the beach. It’s really creative and fun.
- Celebrate Holiday or Special Occasion – Most people often go to the beach to celebrate birthdays or watch Fourth of July fireworks and have picnic or to celebrate a wedding and honeymoon. Celebrating such special occasion at the beach is more fun and the crashing waves and sand between your toes add more drama to weddings and honeymoons.
- Play Games such as Hula Hoop, play catch, jump rope or fly a kite – To make your beach time more fun, engage in some games, sort of child's play. You can use some cheap toys that you can buy at a nearby store. Playing games at the beach is really fun and a great stress-reliever.
- Go Fishing – This is what people have been doing for centuries when they go to the beach or lake especially men. It’s relaxing and it's something that anyone can focus on or just leave and the best part is, you’ll catch your own dinner!
- Window-Shopping at the Seaside Shops. Most beach resorts are located in beach towns and a lot of these places are old-fashioned and fun to explore. These small towns usually have lots of little stores set up along the beach and are worth exploring. You can stop and grab some sweet treats or grab some ice cream or salt water taffy.
- Bonfire Parties – Bonfires at the seaside are always fun. You can roast some marsh mallows, have some food, drinks and some bring along guitars to play. Just make sure that the beach resort you’re on allows fires on bonfires. It's a lot of fun and exciting especially if there’s a nice fire going on a cool night with nice friends and family around to play music and have good conversation and great time.
- Go Surfing - Surfing is popular and a great water sport. There are also other kinds of water sports that people love to do such as jet ski racing, kayaking, kite surfing, or water skiing. Instead of staying inside your hotel room or just swimming, get out and have some adventure instead of just being lazy. You can also take some surf lesson if you want to learn how to surf or some other water sports.
- Picnic at the Beach - Food vendors are very common near popular beaches, but packing up some picnic for two or group with delicious food like cheeses, fresh fruits and some soda, beer or wine to go indulge in at the beach. However, if you're going with a big group, make it a potluck where everyone can bring or contribute an easy dish for an assortment of foods for a great beach picnic.
Beach time is always fun, as long as you have something memorable to do there or you have time to relax or no matter what you do there. Getting away from real life or stressful work for a while and enjoying a holiday at the beach is fun and relaxing. Having fun at the beach is not just eating and swimming at the beach, there are plenty of things to do besides suntan and swim while at the beach!