Spending holiday vacation means a time to relax and eat. While on vacation you spend most of your time lying on bed, sitting on a beach chair or socialize at night time with friends, fancy cocktails and indulge yourself with delicious food. Too often, you return home drowsier, flabbier and heavier. How to be healthy while on holiday vacation is a must to make you active at all times. Make your holidays a memorable one instead of doing nothing. Here are some tips to break the pattern and turn your next vacation into memorable and refreshing experience.
Tips on How to be Healthy on Holiday Vacation
- Don't be lazy. During vacation, try to make a daily routine of walking at dawn and dusk to refresh your mind and body. Fresh air especially in the morning can help both physically and spiritually.
- Don't spend most of your time sitting or lying in bed. Get yourself into the water as much as you can. When you're spending your vacation in the beach, don't just sit in front of the water. Make sure that you get into the water and swim. Just merely standing in the waist-high water is good for your body. The beach water will make you feel more alive.
- Don't spend much of your time in a car seat. If you are in a road trip, get out of the car every two hours to stretch and relax your muscles. Don't wait for nature's call or exhaustion to get you to pull over. Get out of the car frequently to stretch, walk for a while at some shops or go picnic at the park if you happen to find one and have fun. Your health and energy is important. You need to feel alert and alive when driving. You need a little exercise to make your traveling more interesting and memorable.
- Beware of eating too much. Most holiday vacations are about eating splurges. Amazing restaurants in the cities you're in, unlimited breakfast buffets in your hotel, sweets like candy, cakes, chocolates or ice cream are all over wherever you go. Great vacations can't be great without food. Food obsession can be prevented by limiting yourself to one splurge a day.
- When visiting places, it's better to explore on foot. Just carry a travel guide or map to go to places or you can even ask the locals around. You can truly get the feel of the place and enjoy if you walk. You can also pick a few restaurants to try while you walk. Just be sure you locate the museums, parks, restaurants and shopping areas before going out. Also, always make sure that you walk in a crowded area to ensure your safety. Walking is beneficial to your body, it gives you more energy and it helps relieve stress.
To make your vacation more fun and memorable this holiday season, wrap your entire trip with activities such as walking, biking, exploring, hiking, swimming and more. Don't just sit, sleep and eat! You don't even need advice or money to stay fit while on vacation, it's just your willingness to take new challenges. These tips can help you spend your holiday vacation fun and memorable and you can stay healthy at the same time.