Christmas holiday is fast approaching. This is the busiest time of year and majority is going out of town or even country to spend their holidays with their families, friends and loved ones. When planning for your travels, aside from booking your plane tickets and packing clothes and presents, always think of ways on how to make your holiday vacation a memorable one or to have the best holidays an enjoyable one. Here are some tips on how to make your holiday vacation stress-free and to make the good effects linger in a long period of time.
Tips on How to Enjoy Your Holiday Vacation
- Use social media to exciting events is happening in order to meet other locals. Of course you stick to your itinerary and you can still visit tourist attractions in the area, but the most enjoyable experience you'll have is not just the destination but connecting to people. By using social media, you can find cool events and cool things to do while in town and connect with the locals.
- Google. One of the best sources of information is the local city blogs. Most of these bloggers features events listings, food and music festivals, art gallery openings, movie screening and more. You can simply type "best (city name) blogs" on Google and you can surely find plenty of cool events in the city.
Twitter. It is another great source of information. There are several Twitter users around the globe and you can surely find people or organizer's events there.
Instagram. It is another great source of information. You can use hashtag (#) the location or city and see photos people posted.
- Get lost in the city. Don’t be afraid to get a little lost in the streets. Leave your guidebook at your hotel and wander in the streets. Best places are discovered by accidents sometimes. It's exciting to wander aimlessly and slowly around the city without pressure and schedule. Just practice "the art of getting lost" sometimes and you'll surely stumble a beautiful spot that you will love.
- Go offline and just enjoy your surroundings. Don’t be afraid to unplug all your gadgets and turn off your internet. The best way to enjoy your trip is enjoying the beauty of your surrounding and meeting new friends along the way. The whole purpose of holiday travel is actually escaping from reality.
- Balance your activities. Vacation means enjoying and relaxing. You have to alternate your activities by staying active and giving yourself a rest or time to slow down and relax. Being active can raise feel-good endorphins, while relaxing your mind can reduce stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol.