Getting away in a weekend after a long stressful week is a great escape. However, packing for such a short trip is not easy and you might find yourself packing for a week's trip. A weekend trip tends to be short, just a brief getaway or a nice break from work. You should be packing just a few things and you’re good to go.
All you have to do is pack a few essential pieces that you can use a night and a day or two. But if you are not a typical kind of person, you can bring in some colored dresses or shirts or pretty hues that can go with any color in your suitcase. When you're planning a weekend getaway, it's easier to have a go-bag ready before the weekend and here are some tips to get you started.
Packing Guide for Weekend Trips
- Choose the right bag. When choosing a bag for a quick getaway, make sure that you choose an easy to carry, spacious and stylish bag. Just the right size enough to carry your essentials for a day or two.
- Choose the right essentials. Planning ahead your quick getaway is not that important, but what important is you pack only the essentials that you needed for the short trip. Your goal is to carry as less as you can. Just pack multi-functional items and wardrobe. You'll need less that you think.
- Be organized. Keep all your essentials properly so that you'll have more space in your go-bag. Use a small carry case for small items such as cuff-links, earrings, headphones, jewelry and other various travel items and documents.
- Bring comfy shoes. In terms of shoes, what you need is just a pair casual sneaker that is comfortable enough to walk around all day and a sensible evening pair of shoes.
- Just bring useful accessories. Sunglasses are an absolute must when traveling whether you'll be having a road trip or flying. It's important to when you're driving in a sunny day or sleeping to block out light.
- Bring a jacket. Having a jacket when you travel is a must, cold nights is hard to resist especially when you’re going in a place with a cold weather. You can wear it on the plane to save room in your suitcase.
- Bring small size containers. Remember that you're only getting a short getaway for the weekend so small sized travel toiletries are important. You can organize them in a small makeup bag. A well-organized makeup bag can make your life easier.
- Bring a bathing suit. This is a must especially if you'll be spending a weekend in a beach house or a lake house or just in case you'll feel like having a swim in a pool.
Every traveler needs a weekend bag which is packed with essential things needed for a short getaway waiting for Friday afternoon. Whether you'll be exploring a new city, an adventure in the mountains or relaxing on the beach, the most important thing is to make sure that you're fully prepared for any kind of getaway. Remember that a well-packed weekend bag can make your weekend trip more enjoyable and a stress-free packing.