If you're considering traveling for a week-long, a month-long or even for a year-long being pickier when packing is very important especially if you’ll be spending most of your time hiking or just partying all week-long. It's important that you bring outfits that are suitable for your trip so that you'll feel comfortable and you'll just bring the right outfit for the trip.
Packing for long trips is daunting, but these tips packing tips for long trips can be very helpful. These tips can even help you pack a carry-on for a week-long travel if you really want to. You don't need to pack your entire closet, just bring the outfits that you really needed. Consider following these packing tips for long trips.
Packing Tips for Long Trips
- Pick the right backpack or suitcase. For a long trip, choose the right size of luggage or backpack to use. If you'll be spending most of you time up in the mountains hiking and hitching, you have to pack your clothes inside a backpack. Having to carry something sturdy that you can strap at your back is much easier and comfortable. However, if you’ll be spending your time in a hotel or in the city, you can select a suitable and durable suitcase.
- Bring laundry bags. It's important that you separate stuff that you have already used from your laundered clothes. You can use a plastic bag, but it's better if you use a tote bag or even a travel vacuum bag. It's also convenient that you have a dedicated laundry bag to easily bring your soiled clothing to the laundry so that you can use your other clothing again.
- Use packing cubes and travel vacuum bags. These bags are good especially for limited space available especially for backpacks. Travel vacuum bags can shrink your clothing which gives the opportunity to give space to your other belongings. It's a space-saving bag which allows you to compress and store items. You can just roll your clothes, put them inside the bag, seal and roll or squeeze the air out before you seal it.
- Avoid bringing so many shoes. For both men and women travelers, shoes can take a lot of space inside your luggage. So it's advisable that you bring just 1 pair of shoes that is comfortable for day-to-day walking around town or cities and a stylish pair of shoes that you can also wear in bars at night. If you're going to be doing a lot of hiking, then you can definitely bring lightweight hiking shoes. You can also bring a pair of sandals or flip flops. These are comfortable for when strolling around town.
- Make sure that there are no wasted spaces. You can put your jewelry or a t-shirt inside your shoes. You can also fill all the pockets of your backpack or suitcase to save space.
- Don't bring a lot of toiletries. Avoid bringing full and bulky bottles of body wash, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer and sunscreen. You can put them in little bottles. Also, it is important that you store your toiletries in a bag to ensure that the liquid items won't spill inside your suitcase. And always make sure to seal your liquid bottles tightly. If you're traveling in a city, there are free soaps in hotels or you can even purchase your toiletries in the nearest drugstore.