Summer is almost here and it's time to hit the road! If you're looking for smart road trip ideas this summer, this smarter summer adventure guide can surely satisfy a serious case of wanderlust. If you are an outdoorsy person and looking for adventures, this is the right time for you to catch up with friends and have fun!
Road trip is one of the few things in life that is more liberating than just staying at home especially this summer. Hitting the road is one of summer's greatest pleasures, whether you will be enjoying the beauty of lush landscapes, racing the sea breezes along a coast or following the alluring aroma of barbecue. Pack up, prep your playlist, and hit the road! TraveGenixx have prepared a simple guide to road trip this summer that will inspire you.
Smart Guide to Summer Road Trips
- Have your car checked by your mechanic at least a week in advance before your road trip. Let them check the oil and tire pressure and make sure that everything is working properly like the battery, brakes, and engine.
2. Don’t forget to pack an emergency kit that contains a first-aid kit, a battery charger, distilled water, jumper cables, and flares or reflectors. It’s important that you have to learn how to use the jumper cables before hitting on the road.
3. Be ready for unavoidable circumstances; bring an extra battery for your key fob. Sometimes people car tend to die or tend to forget their car keys where they’re on the road, leaving them locked out of their cars.
4. If you happen to go for a multi-city car trips, it’s necessary to pack an overnight bag separate from your luggage. Fill it with daily essentials, such as pajamas and toiletries. This will help you from dragging bulky luggage in and out of your car every time you check into a hotel.
5. Don’t forget to bring a hand sanitizer, paper towels, trash bags and wet wipes to deal with accidents or messes.
6. Always be prepared for unexpected tolls that don’t have electronic toll collection by bringing extra cash such as $1 and $5 bills for booths, or in case EZ-Pass or FasTrak doesn’t work on your route. Also bring quarters stack on pill bottles or small containers for easy counting at toll booths or for parking meters.
7. Bring a refillable glass or stainless-steel water bottle for each person in the car and refill it along the way. Water is important during summer because of the temperature and it’s important to avoid dehydration. It can lead to headaches and crankiness.
8. Bring a cooler for your cold drinks and non-messy, healthy snacks such as fruits and veggies like apples, baby carrots, apples, grapes, some boiled eggs and nuts. Protein is important especially when you’re traveling, it help stabilize blood-sugar levels and digestion, which can be thrown off during travel.
9. Dryer sheets is more comfortable to be used when having a long distance drive than using a standard car air freshener, which can be pretty intense. You can tie the dryer sheet to the sun visor instead of dangling them from the rear-view mirror, which can block the driver’s sight lines.
10. Charging your electronic devices is important especially if you’re traveling. In order to have enough outlets to charge devices for all passengers, you can get a multi-outlet adapter, such as the Anker 48W 4-Port USB Car Charger.
11. Long distance road trips are tiring especially for the one driving the car, that’s why it’s important that passengers should take turns driving. Neck pillows are not just for airplanes, drivers can also use them to nap between shifts.
12. For road trips, it’s important to break up long car drives by stopping every two to three hours, to stretch your legs or to have a meal or to check out an attraction. If you take frequent breaks, the trip feels like a series of convenient drives instead of an endless one.
Road trip is a summer essential for group of friends and even family. Wherever you plan to cruise, there's something definitely exciting about hitting the road and exploring highways and byways wherever you are. However, every road trip needs some planning. You need to have a plan where you want to go, what to bring and travel essentials that you should bring. What are you waiting for, plan your trip now! Summer is fast approaching and you’ll soon be hitting the road!