A staycation means, a holiday vacation from your routinary life, a relaxation and an enjoyable recreation spent just within your city. In other words, it's a replacement of a vacation you can't afford at the moment. Also, it's a perfect way to take a break from your hectic schedule for a while if you don't have a longer time to spend a real vacation.
A fun-filled staycation should be spent wisely by planning it ahead. It should be a recreation of activities you should be doing in a real vacation. Here are some tips on how to have a fun-filled staycation.
- Check-in a hotel you've been meaning to check out. Spending time in a hotel is more relaxing than staying at home. Even though you're just staying in a hotel close to home, it's more relaxing sleeping in a different bed. Staying in a hotel means, you're not going to cook your own breakfast, someone will make the bed for you and you can order food anytime you want.
- A staycation doesn't mean you have to stay indoors. Take time check out new restaurants and coffee shops you've heard about, but don’t time to check them out. You can eat good food and have tea or coffee while reading the book you've forgotten to read.
- Pack a picnic and invite some friends to join you if you want to. Spending time with nature is a good stress-reliever. Pick up some extra special goodies and a nice bottle of wine from the market and head out to the park.
- Head out and explore your own city on foot. Bring a camera with you and take photos around you. You'll be surprised to see how things changed without you noticing it because you are too busy with your work. Just explore, chat with the locals along the way, take photos as much as you can and eat good food. These simple things will surely make your staycation memorable.
- A staycation is doing the things you don't usually do; why not Watch a movie or more? Finish one screening and watch again the next. Just relax, don’t think too much, eat popcorn and enjoy the moment. You've got all the time in the world.
- Go shopping! Shop for new wardrobe. You’ve got all the time for yourself, so go shopping! Treat yourself!
- Pamper yourself. Go to the spa and relax. Have a relaxing massage, have some skin treatment and hair treatment. An afternoon at the spa is a better way to take care of your body.
Going in a vacation is a great way to relax and unwind. However, if you don't have a longer time and budget, a staycation is a perfect replacement. A staycation is a great way to take a break from your routinary life, relax and enjoy without going to a real vacation. You can plan and arrange an staycation within your city. These tips for a fun-filled staycation will surely help you enjoy a mini vacation within your city without spending too much.