Traveling is exciting and fun, but the long flights are dreadful, especially when you have nothing to do. Boredom strikes when there is no Wi-Fi on board. One should be prepared if you will be having a long flight. You can listen to music, read a book, or sleep, but you'll get bored fast.
There are many things that you can do during your flight to avoid boredom and jet lag as well. Being cramped in a plane for long hours is sometimes not tolerable, especially when there are children crying, fellow passengers snoring, taking and laughing or even watching movies in high volume. Those nuisances can be blocked out if you have something to focus on. Luckily, there are some easy ways to make a long flight infinitely more bearable.
Things to Do to Keep You Busy in a Long Flight
- Plan out your trip. If you are on your way for a long-waited vacation and a long flight, you have to be prepared. Detailed planning is need especially for long trips like, what to bring, what to eat and what to do during your long flight.
- Create music playlist. Download Apps like Spotify and create your own playlist. However, if you are not in the mood of making a playlist, there are also several albums you can chose from Spotify that users have created like morning walk, party songs, road trip many more.
- Bring a book or download eBooks in your Kindle. You can bring a paperback or a fully stocked Kindle.
- Bring an adult coloring book or download a coloring App on your iPad or mobile. You can bring a coloring book of your choice and bring a small set of coloring pens and pencils. Or you'll enjoy coloring beautiful flowers on your iPad.
- Edit Instagram Photos. If there's Wi-Fi on board, you'll never get bored scanning your Instagram account and editing your photos. You can even check some hashtags about the place you're heading.
- Try writing a journal. You can bring journal notebook or even use your iPad and write down your thoughts about the trip.
- Stretch your legs. You can get up and take a walk to the lavatory or to get a bottle of water from the flight attendant to stay hydrated. Sitting for a long period of time can cause some health issues such as back aches, butt sore and feet cramps.
- Eat healthy snacks. While preparing your things, you can include packing some healthy snacks like granola, apple and potato chips.
- If all else fails, sleep. Wrap yourself in a blanket, conceal the noise around you by playing your favorite playlist and have a nice sleep. Sleeping can help you avoid jetlag. You'll feel relaxed when you land.
If you're planning to have a vacation in Europe or Australia or heading out on a long international flight, be ready. Make sure you have packed everything you need including things that will keep you entertained on board during a long flight. Be thankful for the modern technology for you can easily create your music playlist, download Apps for music, download eBooks on your Kindle, and download movies and new Netflix series on your iPad. These things will surely keep you entertained until you reach your destination.