First time travelers and even constant travelers often commit mistakes that could give them headache or even ruin their trip. However, these common travel mistakes could be avoided with just a little planning in order to have a stress-free vacation. Here are most common travel mistakes that every traveler should avoid. Hope these tips can help every traveler for them to enjoy their trips.
Travel Mistakes That Travelers Should Avoid
- Over packing. When traveling, packing light is advised especially out of the country trips. Bringing outfit for every occasion is tempting, but exceeding baggage fees is high and it's difficult to drag your luggage around. Just bring casual clothes than you can wear for any occasions and clothes that are comfortable to wear. You can also do laundry on the road or at your hotel. For packing tips, you can check Packing Hacks 101.
- By not double checking documents, booking and reservations. It's a common mistake travelers commit and they tend to forget to check everything before they leave. Always check everything from flights, buses, hotels and make sure they are scheduled correctly and even the time and location. Please make sure that your name is spelled correctly especially after booking your flight.
- By not checking the different time zones. Always check the time difference when you are traveling abroad. Check how long does it take for you to get there, what time are you arriving, how many time zones you are crossing. You have to check the time zones first before booking your flight and hotel reservation. Not only that, you should also be prepared of jet-lag and how learn how to deal with it. Here are Tips on How to Get Rid of Jet Lag.
- Not exchanging local currency before leaving. Before you leave or at the airport when you arrive, you have to grab some local currency for public transportation or taxi rides when you arrive at your destination. Airport's ATM gives better exchange rates, so take out money from there. Just withdraw a little for taxi or bus fare and for emergencies.
- Not informing credit card companies of travel plans. Informing your credit card company is a must when you have plans traveling abroad because most companies flag foreign transactions in case of fraud. So it is right to inform the company ahead of time. You can even also ask them how much they charge foreign transaction.
- Having too many activities or many destinations in one trip. You can't enjoy the moment if you'll just spending it hopping from one place to another. When you travel, it's more fun if you limit yourself from a few activities or destination. Make your travel relaxing and less stressful by giving yourself some time to relax and savor the moments while you're on holiday.
- Keeping all your money in your wallet. Don't keep all your money in the same place. You can put some in your pockets and avoid carrying a lot of cash when you're in a crowded and unsafe place where pickpockets are rampant.
- Ignoring the locals, especially their advices. When you go to a strange place, always pay attention to what the local say. They know their place than you and their advice can help you especially for your safety.
- By not keeping your belongings safe. Before you travel, you have to make sure that your valuables are safe. You can buy anti-theft bags with RFID BLOCKING fabric like this TravelGenixx Travel Money Belt. You can always wear it anywhere you go because you can keep it below your shirt especially in a crowded place.
- Unrealistic expectation of the place. When it's your first time to visit the place, don't expect that everything you hear about it are true. If something came up unplanned, just go with the flow. Just enjoy the moment and use it as a learning experience.
Being prepared before traveling can make your trip less stressful. These few tips can help you get rid of travel mistakes that often travelers commit. But if you happen to fall on these mistakes, don't get disappointed. Just enjoy your adventure and travel more. Most trips are not perfect, you'll encounter unavoidable circumstances that can ruin your trip, but don't let that happen. Just enjoy your trip by going with flow and learn from your mistakes.